cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Haraburda <david-coc...@haraburda.com>
Subject RE: CocoonSerlvet Patch (init-classloader param)
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 06:21:07 GMT
On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 14:46, John Morrison wrote:
> > ... Tomcat ...
> > ... Tomcat ...
>
> Unfortunately, not everyone can run such a well
> behaved servlet engine.

True, but being the reference implementation for both the Servlet and
JSP specs, Cocoon shouldn't (for a long time anyway :-) have this sort
of problem.

> When Cocoon (2) was started most of the engines
> *didn't* correctly implement classloaders.

This is certainly understandable -- but I believe non-standard behavior
should be "off" by default, not on.  If there are those out there still
experiencing issues with classloaders (that they are sure are problems
with Cocoon and/or servlet engines), I wouldn't mind hearing about them,
because I'd like to look into them (my motivation for trying to raise
this issue in the first place)