cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Continuations are broken?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:58:36 GMT

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/flow/examples/calc/kont/3f557504821

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/flow/examples/calc/kont/1b261330647

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/flow/examples/calc/kont/6034270b2e1
> > 5555a6b7c4a591512417a3c3c437c?b=20
> >
> > 7) Window 1: Select "plus", click "Do It"
> >
> > 8) See in Window 1: Result = 30.
> >
> > I expected to see 20, because B = 20 was entered in another window
and
> > went to continuation 6034270b2e15555a6b7c4a591512417a3c3c437c, and B
=
> > 10 should be in continuation
1b261330647176442d5f45335c406211594a1d4f,
> > however, both continuations has same B = 20.
> >

> > Am I mistaken?
>
> No, you're not mistaken, this is the correct behavior.

If Result = 30 is correct behavior, then I'm mistaken because I expected
result = 20.

> Rhino used to have the behavior you described, but Christopher and I
decided
> is better to have the current one, which is more useful to real
> applications.

You lost me! What has been changed? Or, better question, how it works
now?

Can you explain (in two words ;) what is going on behind this, how
variable B in one continuation got value assigned to variable B in
another continuation? Do all continuations share same values?

Vadim

> One effect of this change is that you can no longer implement what-if
> scenarios as easy as before. Christopher and I were talking about
various
> solutions, but none of them is cheap enough at runtime to be worth the
> effort.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@apache.org>