cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <>
Subject RE: [RT] Flowmaps
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 04:50:24 GMT
> From: Ovidiu Predescu []
> Guys,
> I'm really overwhelmed by your reaction to the flow idea! Thanks all
> sharing your thoughts!

... snips scattered below ...

> 1. Stefano points out that flowmaps (I don't really like this term, a
> is more appropriate for state machines, how about flowscript instead?)

One more to consider: sitescript (as opposed to site-map), or webscript.
Flowscript sounds great though.

> 8. Vadim's idea about making the syntax easier.
> I think the idea of having something as simple as:
> <map:match pattern="calc/*">
>   <map:flow method="calculator" continuation="{1}" />
> </map:match>
> makes a lot of sense. Using different matchers, the continuation id
can be
> extracted from the request parameters, cookies, you name it. The only
> problem with it is that is a bit inflexible in terms of the URI
design. If
> I'd like to have calc/kont/*, there's no easy way to specify it.

Please, as easy as:

<!-- starts script because continuation is empty (or remove attribute -
if it is optional) -->
<map:match pattern="calc/">
  <map:flow method="calculator" continuation="" />

<!-- continues script -->
<map:match pattern="calc/kont/*">
  <map:flow method="calculator" continuation="{1}" />

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message