cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Flowmaps
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:01:28 GMT
From: "Ivelin Ivanov" <ivelin@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] Flowmaps

> Jens Lorenz wrote:
> >>It certainly is quite ambitious.
> >>It choses to follow a command line driven input model, versus desktop
> >>GUI model. Most web apps today chose to act on commands/events much
like
> >>a desktop GUI app.
> >>It may not be easy or cost efficient to describe some page flows
> >>with a flowmap. Multi page forms are used often but they are not
> >>dominating.
> >

> > What about using something like a State-Machine for this ? If there
> > would be a Java-Language for Flowmaps then it would be also quite
> > easy to implement (especially if you use something like JState).
>
> I'll take a look.
> Do you mean http://sourceforge.net/projects/jstatemachine/
> or another tool?

Exactly. It's already used within our own Cocoon-based projects.
Currently the interface from Cocoon to JState is via an Action.

Well, if your apps grow a bit bigger this tends to get messy.
It would be great, if we could integrate this into a Java-based
Flowmap (best maintainable). Integration into Flow Object Model
also does the job, but would probably look a bit awkward - have
to see this first.

Regards,

Jens

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany