cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jens Lorenz" <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: Planning the releases
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:13:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 10:40 AM
Subject: RE: Planning the releases

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> > Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > > Hi Team,
> > >
> > > I think it's time to recall the "release early release often"
> > paradigma...

Yes, pleeeaaase. IMHO Cocoon 2.0.3 is a long time overdue ...

> > > As others already mentioned over the last weeks, we should try to
> > > release a 2.0.3 as soon as possible. For this we should collect the
> > > open issues, do them and release (sounds simple, doesn't it?)
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > Major thing: make the distro working and tested on Jdk 1.3 *and* 1.4.
> > I haven't looked in the linkstatus 1.2 problem yet, lack of time :-/
> > What was the code snippet that was giving problems with 1.2?
> >
> The component uses the java.net.URL getPath() method which is not
> available in 1.2.

Which can be easily overcome by doing something like:

java.net.URL url = ...;
String path = url.getFile().substring(0,url.getFile().lastIndexOf('?'));

> Thanks.
>
> Carsten

Regards,

Jens Lorenz

--

jens.lorenz at interface-projects dot de

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany