cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: XInclude Transformer vs CInlude Transformer
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 18:32:20 GMT
> From: Mattam [mailto:mattam@netcourrier.com]
>
> Ivelin Ivanov [Sun, 09 Jun 2002 11:22:07 -0500]:
>

> | Two almost identical transformers are confusing me.
> | What is the difference between the two?
> | Should one be deprecated?
> |
> | I'd vote for the one which implements the W3C XInclude spec closest.
> | Maybe it should take the best of the other one.
> |

> CInclude allows cocoon:/ protocol, and XInclude tends to be a strict
> implementation of the standard. Maybe keeping only XInclude while
allowing the
> cocoon:/ protocol (with a switch?) would be the better.

That's not right; XInclude also works with cocoon: protocol, they both
use Cocoon's resolver.

IIRC, the reason of CInclude existence is completely different: if you
remove CInclude, it will be more complicated to serve documents with
inclusions and with tags in xinclude namespace. Right now, this is not
an issue: create document with xinclude *and* cinclude tags, process it
through cinclude, and xinclude will remain intact, no sweat.

Vadim