cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Schematron validator in Anteater (andCocoonvalidatingTransformer)
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:17:26 GMT
From: "Ovidiu Predescu" <>
To: <>; <>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 4:14 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Schematron validator in Anteater

> On 6/9/02 2:36 PM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <> wrote:
> > From: "Ovidiu Predescu" <>
> >> If you want to reuse functionality across multiple ant files, just
> >> the common functionality in targets in a common file, and call them
> >> the <ant> target.
> >
> > Which really slows down things sometimes and precludes the Ant
> > mechanism.
> Why does it slow down things? Another build file should just parse and add
> the targets to the pool of already existing targets. And since you're
> calling the task directly, yes, you are avoiding the dependency mechanism,
> but in this case this exactly what you want.

I referred to "reuse functionality across multiple ant files".
Since it's a generic statemement, I gave a generic answer ;-)

<ant> is not the root of all evil, but shoudn't be used just to "call build
functions", but call sub builds.

> > I'm writing a simple xinclude system to patch Ant.
> > Any suggestion on what to use to manage xinclude tags?
> What would be the semantics of xinclude in the context of Ant? Suppose you
> xinclude a target fragment inside the <project> element; this should
> a new target. But I imagine you could also xinclude a fragment inside a
> target: this should only add whatever tasks are referred to that target.
> If this is the semantics, then I'd say the xinclude element cannot be a
> regular task. What you instead need is a special element which
> substitutes at _parse_ time XML fragments from other sources in the
> stream.

I would make a XIncludeProjectHelper, so I would intervene in the parsing

What I would like to know, are there any separate xinclude implementations

Nicola Ken Barozzi
            - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: