cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Mangeng" <michael.mang...@ideefix.net>
Subject Flowmaps/Logic
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:55:39 GMT
Hi all!

I don´t have very much expirience with c2 and maybe the following question
is silly and i´ve missed something... sorry if it is so...

I´ve followed the flowmap discussion and i think the basic idea is
_very_very_ nice...

BUT - as far as i understand this - the flowmaps are here to describe the
flow, or to use another word - the sequence of pages the user is beeing
served (with notice to validation, errors and so on)... but where do we put
general logic...

For example i have a internal/* area and i want to do a simple 'check if the
session attribute 'user' is set to something != null)... on each request...
i think this is possible in the flowmap... and it _could_ be there.. but i
think a

<map:match pattern="internal/*">
    <map:act type="sesauth">
       <map:continue with="{1}"/>
    </map_act>
    <map:redirect-to uri="login"/>
</map:match>

is much nicer.. after all.. you would have to implement user auth on each
flowmap... -and on pages where the flowmap does not have a effect on...

next point:
i want to do a 'more-complex' calculation based on the request...
this a.) is no 'flow-specific-logic'  in my sight and b.) it would be much
more complicate to implement such things in a flowmap with e.g. javascript..
(than with pure java in a action)

so my overall question:
imagine that actions are deprecated, is there a way to do the points
mentioned above at another position than the page, for example xsp, itself
or the flowmap  ?

thanx, greetings
mike