cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <>
Subject Re: SourceFactory for content managment
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 10:39:05 GMT

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> From: "Stephan Michels" <>
> > Hi,
> >
> > last week there was a liitle discussion about a SourceFactory for
> > CVS repositories. I tried to find a CVS libary to implement such a
> > SourceFactory, but I doesn't had luck. All libaries work over
> > local stored files.
> Not netbeans' AFAIK.

Perhaps I should take an another look.

> > But on my way, I found the jakarta slide project. It seems to me very
> > interesting. So I implement a first working draft for
> > a "SlideSourceFactory", and a junit test case. It makes possible
> > to handle document by revisions, and works with different stores.
> >
> > Example:   slide://version/test?revision=1.1+username=guest
> >
> > It also implements the WriteableSource interface.
> >
> > If somebody is interested in, I could commit this things to bugzilla.
> :-D YEEEES! I looked in slide yesterday too, and this is way *proactive* ;-)
> I think this would be an excellent addition, and very useful with Forrest
> too, send it in :-)

Nice to hear, but I should you warn, my knowlege about slide is two days
old. And took the factory to learn about the infrastructure of slide ;-)

Some more explanations about this factory:

'slide://version/test' reads the file 'test' from the namespace 'version'
with the highest revision. If you write this source, you will create a new
revision of this document.

'slide://version/test?revision=1.1+user=root', this source read and write
the exact revision of the document.

The following entry in cocoon.xconf should work, but I haven't it yet

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message