cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <>
Subject Re: [docs] opensource and quality control
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 09:20:59 GMT

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 May 2002 07:45, David Crossley wrote:
> >. . .
> > So, let us develop a procedure whereby the opensource
> > model is still employed, yet there is initial quality control.
> >. . .
> Following the opensource model, I think docs should be released as early as
> possible, with only minimal initial quality control but clearly flagged as
> "draft" or something.  AND it must be very easy for all readers to give their
> feedback on the docs so that they can be improved.

The best way to do this, is to implement the CVS support in cocoon.

I were glad to see a CVSSource and a CVSSourceFactory, but if it too
difficult to map the parameters like revision, cvs repository, and file
into an URI, we could implement this into a generator and transformer?!

Something like this

 <generator src="src/documentation/xdocs/overview.xml">
  <parameter name="cvsroot"
  <parameter name="password" value="****"/>
  <parameter name="revision" value="1.2"/>

And the combination with slash-edit were ultimative ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message