cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From <her...@supermachien.kotnet.org>
Subject Q: Internals of XSLT transformer
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 12:51:49 GMT
Hi,

(Since I am reaching a very hard deadline the next week, I don't have the
time to figure this out myself. Therefore I hope someone on this list can
help me)

since the communication between the different elements of a pipeline
happen via SAX events in the Cocoon model, I was wondering how XPath
references are implemented in the XSLT transformer?

An example to clarify my question:
Suppose I have this XML document

<chapter>
	<section>
		<title>first</title>
		<para>text
		</para>
	</section>
	<section>
		<title>second</title>
		<para>text
		</para>
	</section>
	<section>
		<title>last</title>
		<para>text
		</para>
	</section>
</chapter>

And in my XSLT stylesheets I have:

<template match="section[position()=last()]">
	<value-of select="title"/>
	Title of the first section:
	<value-of select="//section[position()=1]/title"/>
</template>

I want to know how the backward reference
(//section[position()=1]/title) is implemented?

Tnx in advance,

Erwin