cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [vote] DTD management
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 09:54:05 GMT
Hi folks,

As it is now, Cocoon will be the prime showcase of Forrest, so we have
lot of interest keeping everything in sync. Diana has been proposing
some new DTDs on the Forrest-list, which we would be glad to host and
nurture. Some issues however:

- We will try to keep the migration path of 'old' documentation as
simple as possible, ie providing you with an XSLT to do a docv10->docv11
transformation. Nevertheless, we would like new documentation to be
authored/generated using the new v11 DTD if possible.

- We would like all new DTDs to be based (importing/re-using) on the
work-in-progress (i.e. document-v11) in Forrest and not on the older
DTD's anymore.

So this brings me to the following ballot:

[  ] all new DTDs (both in the Cocoon/Forrest project) should be using
the new document-v11 and not the older ones
[  ] Forrest is the de-facto DTD repository (+ we will also maintain
archives for that matter of older versions) for both projects, we'll
have a separate portion of the website dedicated to this

Regards,

</Steven>