cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Artur Bialecki" <ar...@digitalfairway.com>
Subject RE: Request
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 14:11:26 GMT

If you start a new cocoon project and you're _not_ using
other libraries that already _extend/return_ HttpServletRequest
and others than you probably don't need it.

But, if you have some request/response/cookie processing
libraries which were used in Cocoon1 or your JSP site
and you're moving to Cocoon2 and want to use these
from XSP, etc. you either have to rewire (If you can)
your libraries to use cocoon's Request, Response, etc.
or preform the conversion in some easy way. Since the
first option may not allways be feasable.

IMHO adding such conversion functionality would only improve
cocoon.

Artur...