cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Sitemap parameters
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 13:39:48 GMT

Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 29, 2002, at 10:17 AM, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
>
> > I've seen that discussion, but had problems with mail server and
> > couldn't
> > join to it.
> >
> > My proposal is a little different. While input modules provide a way to
> > _get_ variable values from different sources (sitemap, request, etc.),
> > my
> > need is to _set_ global parameters for the sitemap to avoid things like
> > @skin@ in matcher patterns, etc. Of course these params can be used as
> > "sitemap:param-name" everywhere when needed. The above example would
> > look
> > like:
> >
> > <map:transform src="skins/{sitemap:skin}/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">.
> >
> > Behavior can be the same as for the XSLT params: if a value is specified
> > externally (from command line or request params) then it's used,
> > otherwise
> > the default value is used that is specified in declaration of the
> > parameter:
> >
> > <map:parameter name="skin" value="forrest-skin" />
>
> Just to say that this kind of functionality would be *really* useful.

And now the good news: it's already implemented in the latest CVS :)

You can configure the global parameters in the map:pipelines section:
<map:pipelines>
  <map:global-parameters>
     <map:parameter name="skin" value="forrest-skin"/>
  </map:global-parameters>

and use it:

  <map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="test">
       <map:transform src="{../skin}.xsl"/>
    </map:match>

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler     Chief Architect     Open Source Group, S&N AG