cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Sitemap parameters
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 09:49:45 GMT

Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> Hi alls!
> While inspecting the Forrest's sitemap
> (src/documentation/conf/sitemap.xmap)
> I've found several lines that are using Ant substitution params like:
> <map:transform src="skins/@skin@/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">.
> Won't it be better to have parameters at the top level in sitemap that can
> be set externally, just as it is done in XSLT? So, those skin
> parameters can
> be set like this:
> <map:sitemap ...>
>     <map:parameter name="skin">forrest-skin</map:parameter>
>     <map:transform src="skins/{../skin}/xslt/html/{type}.xsl">
> </map:sitemap>
> This parameters can be defined when Cocoon is called from the command line
> as command line arguments. Though, I have no idea how these parameters can
> be set when running Cocoon as servlet, maybe 'cocoon-param' request
> parameters can be used.
> Are there any technical difficulties in implementing this? Any comments,
> suggestions?
I would suggest to have these parameters as a configuration of the
section, rather than the complete sitemap.

I'm currently thinking of adding a configuration possibility to the
component anyway, because of the rather ugly configuration of the
components. They are currently configured in an action but are for the

I thought of somethink like:
       <map:parameter name="skin">forrest-skin</map:parameter>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message