cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Multiple transformer-passes when using command-line Cocoon
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 12:02:52 GMT

Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Fri, 24 May 2002, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > The commandline interface is currently very inefficient. Each document
> > is even without caching, precompilation etc. at least build twice.
> > The first time to get the content and the second time to get the
> > mime-type of the document!
>
> Mime type? Do you not mean for links-view?

No, mime type is correct!

For whatever reason the command line interface builds the document again
to get the mime type! I don't know why, but it's the way it is now.

If the crawling mechanism is used, then the document is processed three
times, the third time for the links-view.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler     Chief Architect     Open Source Group, S&N AG