cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From car...@cvc.edu (Carlos)
Subject Re: [vote] cocoon-docs
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 15:18:16 GMT
David, John, et al:

I would very strongly recommend against increasing traffic on one list by
piping another lists output to it.  I believe that the nature documentation
discussion is parallel to the development process.

I would also caution against mass subscribing people to cocoon-docs. I would
much rather let people self select into the docs list. That way we have only
the people who are interested in participating in the documentation effort
to be on the list.

As for crossposting, I have an idea. Find a way to automate reports back to
cocoon-dev using something similar to what Nikola Ken uses for reporting
patches.  It would imply creating a documentation catergory in Bugzilla but
it would be a better answer than crossposting or posting to Cocoon-dev IMO

Thought, comments?
Carlos

On 05/07/02 2:05, "David Crossley" <crossley@indexgeo.com.au> wrote:

> Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
>> +0 here.
>>
>> I'm not 100% convinced, that we can seperate the document
>> process from the development process this clear.
>>
>> I'm afraid that will cause lots of cross postings in both
>> lists.
>
> I too am concerned on this front. However, i think that there
> is a solution.
>
> If the docs list knew that every dev was subscribed and so
> was getting the postings anyway, then there is no need to
> cross-post. This could be written in to some guidelines,
> which could be occasionally posted to the list as a reminder.
>
> We have the excellent idea that John declared, that new
> people joining the dev list would automatically get -docs
> and -cvs lists. So what do with the existing developers?
> Perhaps it is possible to subscribe the whole existing dev
> list to cocoon-docs at commencement. Is that too radical?
>
> --David

Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....for you are crunchy and  taste
good with ketchup and mayonnaise.."