cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <terrac...@mac.com>
Subject Re: file naming convention
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 12:10:03 GMT

On May 3, 2002, Robert Koberg wrote:

> If content needs to be edited after a release and then re-released,
> what date do you use?

Tim BL argues for use of "initial" date, period. This doesn't change.

> The latest date? This screws up search engines and peoples bookmarks.

The goal is to use one name and one name only during the lifetime of the
doc, in spite of edits, etc.

>  Proper naming of the folders and pages (using captialization where
> appripriate and/or underscores) would be much more attractive and
> understandable, though more work needs to go into the naming process.

I agree it's more usable for people who don't mind hacking urls in their
browser windows, but studies a lot of most users don't do that. Granted,
our intended audience probably does...

Diana