cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <ghow...@crosswalk.com>
Subject RE: [RT]: Calculating the cache key
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 14:00:36 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 9:34 AM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: [RT]: Calculating the cache key

<snip/>
> Let's say we have the FileGenerator (most likely to have the
> highest number of unique resources).

True for static file sites.  However, we have a database of tens of
thousands of articles and thousands of page layouts (we have a cms that
allows editors to create content and customize page layouts).  Database
driven sites have a unique id at their disposal.  We are currently using
that id as our key in custom generators.

> It might even be quicker to store the filenames in a list, and
> use the index of the entry as part of the unique key.

Can you clarify which contract that list would belong to?  Is it held by the
store?

I'm typing some extended thoughts on this topic in another email but need to
finish something up quickly this morning.

Geoff Howard