cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <terrac...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [vote] cocoon-docs
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 17:09:29 GMT

On Wednesday, May 8, 2002, at 12:01  PM, Per-Olof Norén wrote:

> But if the note is in the correct format someone responsible for the
> page
> could easliy cut & paste (ie edit the actual page) from the notes. This
> way
> the issues involved in having "world-write permissions" on the
> documents are
> avoided and the person/persons in charge of the particular document
> would
> comitt the notes into the docs and commit to cvs.

I agree. But don't forget we can build dynamic QA capture features into
every document we distribute with Cocoon. Just because the site is still
static doesn't mean we can't take advantage of the dynamic capabilities
of each distribution.

I'd rather to use a decentralized wiki. Edit locally (saves a trip),
post to server somewhere, receive updates as available (through builds
or more advanced capabilities). It provides QA on the QA...

Diana