cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <jafos...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: file naming convention
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 11:38:55 GMT
<snip/>

> GOOD: dates (e.g. 020430)
> REASON: The date when the URI is issued will not change. Helps to separate
> requests which use a new system from those which use an old system.
>
> Following these guidelines, we might use some variant of:
>   www.apache.org/cocoon/faqs/02050308
>   www.apache.org/cocoon/howtos/02060315

<snip/>

> with a file naming convention based on
>   <two-digit year><two-digit month><two-digit day><two-digit hour>.xml

It's a personal thing, but I really like following the ISO 8601 standards
for representing dates and times.  There are copies of the "(n-1)th edition"
  of the standard freely available on the web, and the current standard
doesn't seem to be that different.  Your proposed format is pretty close
though, so maybe I'm just being overly picky.

Jason Foster