cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject [report] xml-site update
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 16:56:02 GMT
I just synced the live site repository with the most recent the release
branch docs build. I have not *yet* attempted to examine or sync any
docs found in api/ or dist/ . Here's how I did it.

1. I checked out the latest live site version from /home/cvs/xml-
site/targets/cocoon

2. I performed a docs build from the latest release branch.

3. From the command line, I used diff -r to compare the docs build and
live site directories. I ignored any reported differences in CVS, api,
or dist  directories on the live site.

4. I updated my local copy of the live-site cvs, based on the results of
the diff.

5. Before committing/adding/removing anything, I performed a local links
check (using a third-party tool) on the revised live-site directory on
my local machine.

6. I added, committed, and removed files from the live site cvs.

7. Performed a cvs release on /xml-site/targets/cocoon to make sure I
didn't miss anything.

If anyone would like to check my work, please check out the live site
files. If anyone can suggest a better way to update the live site, until
Forrest is operational :-), I'm all ears! I'm going to write a how-to on
the process, but I'll wait for comments first.

Thanks.

Diana