cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject C2 on Websphere 3.5: IllegalStateException
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 20:05:12 GMT
Hello,
finally I managed to get Cocoon 2.0.2 running on Websphere 3.5.
However, I keep getting IllegalStateExceptions, in particular
if a ressource is missing because of this code in
  CocoonServlet.java:1019 ff:
                 res.sendError(res.SC_NOT_FOUND);

                 SimpleNotifyingBean n = new SimpleNotifyingBean(this);
                 n.setType("resource-not-found");
                 // send the notification but don't include it in the output stream
                 // as the status SC_NOT_FOUND is enough
                 res.setContentType(Notifier.notify(n, (OutputStream)null));

Apparently Tomcat tolerates the setContentType() after a
sendError(), Websphere 3.5 has already it's response committed
at this point and throws the IllegalStateException.

I'm not an expert in servlet programming, nevertheless the code
seems to be a bit odd to me. Is there a specific reason for
setting the content type after the sendError()? I'd send the
error after having set the content type...

J.Pietschmann