cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <>
Subject Re: Generator for SQL Server
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 12:58:34 GMT
Horst Rutter wrote:

>Do we have a way to read in XML directly from SQL Server 2000?
>That would be really cool and a performance booster, because
>there is no need for a SQL to XML transformation.
>I guess this also means one has to workaround JDBC for this.
>Anybody has a clue what it would take to build smth like this?
 If you want to use Server Side XML processing of SQL Server 2000 you
could implement an adapter for DBPrism Framework
( it already have support for this kind
of functionality for Oracle databases, but his design was made for
extending the model to any database that support stored procedures.
 The chapter 21 of book Profesional XML databases at Wrox Press includes
an special section focusing in how to write a new adapter.

  Best regards, Marcelo.

PD: You could find more information, the newest releseases and demos on
line at DBPrism's development web site (

Marcelo F. Ochoa -
Do you Know DB Prism? Look @
More info?
Chapter 21 of the book "Professional XML Databases" (Wrox Press
Chapter 8 of the book "Oracle & Open Source" (O'Reilly
Lab. de Sistemas - Fac. de Cs. Exactas - UNICEN
Paraje Arroyo Seco - Campus Universitario
(7000) Tandil - Bs. AS. - Argentina
Te: +54-2293-444430 Fax: +54-2293-444431

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message