cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [VOTE] Syntax for module-based sitemap variables
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 09:06:46 GMT
Hi team,

We all agree to add module-based sitemap variables, but we didn't came
to a consensus about it's syntax. So let's vote to make a choice. To
illustrate each possible syntax, I will consider the substitution of the
"foo" request parameter using the "request" InputModule.

Here are the various syntaxes that people have proposed so far :

1 : {request:foo}
2 : {/request:foo}
3 : {module:request:foo}
4 : {/module:request:foo}
5 : {module://request/foo}

My +1 goes to (1) : I don't see the need to explicitly specify
"module:", just as we don't prefix URLs with "source:" or "url:" to
specify if they should be handled by a SourceFactory or URLFactory. And
if one day we add another mechanism to InputModules, the choice will be
the job of a variable resolver, just at it is today's job of the
SourceResolver for URLs.

In order to have a more formal definition of sitemap variables, I
suggest that we consider unprefixed variables to belong to a builtin
"sitemap" module, which can be named explicitely, for example if the
variable name contains a colon, e.g. "{sitemap:foo:bar}".

Please place your votes !

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez