cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <>
Subject Re: ContentEditable in Mozilla
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 09:26:13 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 28, 2002, at 02:22 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> FYI, the great guys at Q42 have written a clone of IE's
>> contentEditable for Mozilla.
>> Check it out at : although
>> still rudimentary, it shows a lot of potential.
> This is amazing!
> What I do not understand about this is how do you use it to get
> modified content back to the server?

Use javascript to either:
* place it (the HTML) in a hidden field and submit it to the server for
processing -> storage
* use javascript to put it in your XML format, then put it in a hidden
field and submit it to the server for storage

It is really cool. I have only had a quick look at it. I have to wonder
about performance, though... and backward compatibility when Mozilla
introduces their take on the matter...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message