cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSLTC and Cocoon
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 16:13:12 GMT
Tom,

first of all, thanks much for helping us with this. It is *very*
appreciated.

Tom Amiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After modifying ./documentation/stylesheets/book2menu.xsl so XSLTC
> could compile it, I got to the next problem, which doesn't appear
> to be XSLTC related.

Ok, let's see.

> After bringing up the http://localhost:8080/cocoon and clicking on
> the Documentation link, it throws
>
>    java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.cocoon.components.notification.DefaultNotifyingBuilder.build(DefaultNotifyingBuilder.java:111)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.components.notification.DefaultNotifyingBuilder.build(DefaultNotifyingBuilder.java:170)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1083)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
>         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
>
> The error happens in a block that traps a SAXParserException on the following line of

> code
>
> 	n.addExtraDescription("location",     sourceLocator.getSystemId());
>
> What do you suggest you/we do to get further?

Hmmm, the source code says

   if( null != sourceLocator )
   {
     n.addExtraDescription("location", sourceLocator.getSystemId());
   }

so the NPE doesn't come from sourceLocator being null. Also, if
getSystemId() returns null, the method is

   public void addExtraDescription(String extraDescriptionDescription,
           String extraDescription) {
     this.extraDescriptions.put(extraDescriptionDescription,
extraDescription);
   }

where "extraDescriptions" is a HashMap, so it's entirely legal to have
null values there.

I'm puzzled.

Do you people at cocoon-dev have any idea?

[please, keep people copied since I don't think they are subscribed to
cocoon-dev, thanks]

                           able to give birth to a dancing star.