cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [LAW] Quick Lesson in Copyright Law (was RE: copyright for docs [was: Re: [Bugs] URLSource])
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 16:35:06 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> I do not know for any of you, but nobody made me sign something before I
> became a committer. And I will sue the ASF for that :-D

There is a page somewhere on jakarta with some legal stuff.
I copied the text, filled my name in signed it and send it
in per snail mail. I had my CVS access already by that
time. I never recieved a receipt or something that it was
really filed with the ASF. Not that this bothers me.

> The process of actually receiving commit access on cvs.apache.org after
> being voted upon is sketchy at best. There's no support or guidelines
> except for what you can obtain from your peers [1].

I'm pretty sure this will change when the Apache web site
runs Cocoon with process support (C3.x? <bg>). I imagine
forms for applying for access, a workflow for signing,
set up accounts, generating certificates, filing the
paperwork...
Seriously: ASF and the projects have grown to a point where
some bureaucracy seems to be hard to avoid. All we can do
is to automate as much as possible. And Cocoon is a perfect
platform to do it, isn't it?

J.Pietschmann