cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: file naming convention
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 00:35:32 GMT

Conal Tuohy wrote:

>>From: Diana Shannon [mailto:shannon@terracare.com]
>>On May 5, 2002, David Crossley wrote:
>>

>>>Another issue to add to the list is standard spelling.
>>>Considering that we are talking English, i would prefer
>>>to see British English spelling rather than a dialect,
>>>such as Americanization. For example:
>>>howto-visualise-sitemap.html rather than
>>>howto-visualize-sitemap.html
>>>

>As a New Zealander, I also find American spelling an irritant: I'm always
>typing "serialise" instead of "serialize", for instance, but I don't think
>it's worth losing sleep over. (Or should that be "lozing sleep"? ;-)

This has been raised on the CSS list a few times. It is relevant there
because you do alot of guessing in CSS (at least when starting out...).
What is bad: color is used instead of colour, but gray is used instead
of grey. I don't think it is a major issue for doc files, but if people
do hack URLs (I agree that usability studies show that people do not
usually hack URLs), then it could be annoying.

I just wanted to bring this up. I am not sure the lang standardization
would be better than not for cocoon-docs...

best,
-Rob