cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From TREGAN Fabien <fabien.tre...@airbus.com>
Subject Something usefull to add to cocoon website (maybe many other proj ect)
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 06:24:51 GMT
Hi,

Reading the user list, i've found that we often have mails saying "iPlanet +
Cocoon: did anybody try?" or "Tomcat 4.0.4b3 and Cocoon 2.1-dev play nicely"

I do not know exactly how the tomcate website is hosted, but would'nt it be
possible to have a form where your enter :
-cocoon + version
-jdk + version
-servlet container + version
-web server + version
-database server + version
-did it work (yes / yes after some config / no)
-something like a list of link to messages on the list or discussion forum,
... about this configuration

for each of the 5 five first question, you can either choose from a list of
allready given answer, "any", "don't know", "not use" or enter your own
(new) answer.

Of course you will have a "sumary" page showing each tested / untested case,
with the % of people who managed to run it, and links to articles related to
this case.

If it is possible to have any jsp, servlet, cocoon component, asp :>>, ...
one the apache server, this should be done quikly, and will be usefull and
reused many times.

fabien.