cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <terrac...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [docs] Draft RMI generator tutorial needs technical review
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 12:29:12 GMT

On Monday, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ah, one suggestion: don't way too much for comments. People don't tend
> to comment *before* things are placed live on the web, but *after*.

What do you mean: that developers are more motivated to fix
documentation errors once they are public? Or, that advanced, motivated
users will catch and help fix these problems eventually?

So what do you suggest we do when an author clearly has a question or
hole? Should that author post a question to cocoon-dev, asking for help?
I'm all for "lowering the bar," but why allow new docs to create
additional confusion for users when we have the talent to eliminate
*some* of this up front.  Remember, it's not code. It doesn't break. New
and less advanced users give up and go learn Zope...

Diana