cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Mandatory description of JAR files [WAS Re: [WARN] Strange things]
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 21:18:59 GMT
On Wed, 22 May 2002 20:19:56 -0400, "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net> wrote:

> > We can have a build.xml target which checks if jars.xml is up-to-date
> > with respect to the jars available in lib/. THe target will be run as
> > part of the build process, and it should stop the build if the file is
> > not up-to-date. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it works.
>
> That's harsh, but I won't stop you. :)

Not so. I've just finished checking in the code that does it. It's
actually quite a simple exercise. With the help of Ant and XSLT, I've
implemented this in about 125 lines of code, 25 for the Ant target and
100 for a simple XSLT stylesheet that does the work. Check out the
"check-jars" in build.xml and the check-jars.xsl file in tools/src/.

For every JAR file that's added in the lib/ directory, an entry must
be added in the lib/jars.xml file, which describes the file and who
uses it. Otherwise the build stops!! If you find this inconvenient, we
can change it to a warning instead. My vote is for stopping the build.

At this point I'd like the committers to take a look at the
lib/jars.xml file and fill in the blanks I left in the description and
who uses them.

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>