cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flow and XMLForm
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 06:04:23 GMT
On Tue, 21 May 2002 00:12:16 -0500, "Ivelin Ivanov" <ivelin@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

Yes, but that doesn't solve the problem for current browsers that
don't support XSLT (Opera, Konqueror? etc.), or for older browsers,
which support JavaScript only, or WAP, iMode, and many other browsers
integrated in small devices. IMO Cocoon should be able to reach these
not so mainstream browsers as well. And do a good job at supporting
them, by providing the their users with the best possible user
experience.

> I am speculating that XML standards will be better supported in the long run
> than ECMAScript based languages.

Supporting standards usually takes a very long time, you cannot assume
everybody will support the latest standards. Even then, you still have
to support older browsers that don't adhere to the latest
standards. Just look at how many JavaScript versions and variations
are in today's Web browsers; it's a total mess! Nevertheless, good
service providers try to support them all.

Regards,