cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Control flow merged in the main trunk
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 00:53:50 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Mon, 20 May 2002 02:00:10 +0200, Michael Hartle <mhartle@hartle-klug.com> wrote:

> The sitemap for the flow sample uses incorrect paths to some 
> stylesheets; e.g. instead of 
> "../../../documentation/stylesheets/site2xhtml.xsl", this stylesheet is 
> located at "../../../documentation/stylesheets/site2xhtml.xsl". After 
> fixing this quickly, I tried the calculator example.

Hm, this worked fine on my machine. The file is relative to the place
where the sitemap file is located, not where the the XSP files
are.

I've just checked out a fresh copy from CVS and everything is working
just fine, exactly as in my working copy. I compiled the code using:

./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true webapp

> When entering number a and submitting it, I received the following
> exception:
> 
> > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: 
> > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception: 
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error 
> > compiling getNumberB_xsp:
> > ERROR 1 
> > (/var/src/production/tomcat/work/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/org/apache/cocoon/www/file_/var/
> src/production/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/samples/flow/examples/calc/getNumberB_xsp.java):
> > ...
> > // expressions used by this page.
> >
> > CompiledExpression
> > jxpath_a
> >
> > // start error (lines 92-92) " method compile(java.lang.String) not 
> > found in class org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathContext"
> > = jxpathContext.compile("a");
> >
> > // end error
> >
> >
> > this.contentHandler.startDocument();
> > AttributesImpl xspAttr = new AttributesImpl();
> >
> > ...
> > Line 92, column 22: method compile(java.lang.String) not found in 
> > class org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathContext
> > Line 0, column 0:
> > 1 error
> 
> The cause of the problem were two JARs containing an implementation, the 
> right one laying around at /lib/optional/commons-jpath-1.0b1.jar, the 
> other, older one at /src/scratchpad/lib/commons-JXPath-20020320.jar. 
> Removing the seemingly outdated commons-JXPath-20020320.jar solved this 
> problem, too. Finally, the calculator example worked fine - very 
> interesting !

Ops, my fault, I never built with the scratchpad libs included. Yes,
your solution is correct, but I'm afraid XMLForm depends on the older
version of JXPath. Removing the old JXPath lib is indeed the right
approach.

I just checked and Cocoon built with:

./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=true webapp

with the old JXPath removed works fine. I don't see the problems you
mentioned with the path names.

Thanks,
Ovidiu


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message