cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Gerhard on Mozilla1.0 RC1
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 23:57:04 GMT
On Fri, 3 May 2002 16:47:28 -0700, "Greg Weinger" <gweinger@itmedicine.net> wrote:

> > A couple of days I downloaded Mozilla 1.0 RC1 and well it
> > rocks. A few hours ago I downloaded this kool StarTrek skin
> > and imported my 600 IE Favorites in to the good old
> > bookmark.htm. Now I'm _convinced_. Yes Team, I banned all the
> > f*** IE shortcuts from my desktop and made mozilla 1.0 RC1 to
> > my default browser.
>
> It looks great.  But is there any substitute for the nice automatic XML
> formatting that IE provides?  IE makes it very easy to read XML Cocoon
> output, and I'm not sure I can live without that.
>
> How do you other guys view your XML?  (Anything open source?)

Um, XEmacs?

I've setup Netscape to "View Source" directly in XEmacs, instead of
getting it in its own viewer. I'll investigate how to make this work
with Mozilla, since I'm using it almost always nowadays.

Another thing I use is 'curl' (http://curl.haxx.se/) in the terminal,
which shows the raw output directly. I've also setup XEmacs to call it
and show the output directly in the editor.

Cheers,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>