cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Technologies Sample App
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 13:44:08 GMT
From: "Brian Topping" <topping@digidemic.com>

  Finally, the entire project should be documented with Forrest, although I
have to admit wishing that we had something like Maven in place because of
the build system elements...

Also look at http://www.krysalis.org/centipede/ , which already uses Forrest
for documentation (and viceversa ;-)
Also Avalon is switching to Centipede, and many Avalon developers are
actively supporting our community.
While Maven focuses on a "one size fits all" approach, we use a modular
approach, and apply the Avalon concepts to the build system itself.

There is a recent proposal of a buildmap, that is the "sitemap" of the
build, meant to supplant the main build file with a more simple and elegant
approach.

You can subscribe to the dev mailing list, in case you are interested.
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=36516

Hope to see you there :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -