cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [vote] cocoon-docs
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 09:05:56 GMT
Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
> +0 here.
>
> I'm not 100% convinced, that we can seperate the document
> process from the development process this clear.
>
> I'm afraid that will cause lots of cross postings in both
> lists.

I too am concerned on this front. However, i think that there
is a solution.

If the docs list knew that every dev was subscribed and so
was getting the postings anyway, then there is no need to
cross-post. This could be written in to some guidelines,
which could be occasionally posted to the list as a reminder.

We have the excellent idea that John declared, that new
people joining the dev list would automatically get -docs
and -cvs lists. So what do with the existing developers?
Perhaps it is possible to subscribe the whole existing dev
list to cocoon-docs at commencement. Is that too radical?

--David