cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject new plan/todo-doc.xml (Was: Javadocs: need basic package information)
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 08:47:06 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > <snipped stuff about javadocs/>
>
> A lot of helpful suggestions!
>
> > These are other tasks to be added to the "To Do" list for the
> > general documentation project ...
>
> Clearly a to-do list is the first of *several* management/planning files
> the doc effort needs. Where should it reside? I'm don't think it belongs
> in the root cvs directory (similar to todo.xml) but in a separate
> directory. David, you referred to an earlier discussion on cocoon-dev
> related to planning docs. What did you conclude?

Nothing. I do not recall any further discussion on this matter.

> Do we need a new
> mgmt/plan directory at the root project level, with a docs subdirectory,
> for such files? Or should it be inside src/documentation? I'm no cvs
> guru, so please advise. I have a number of items to add to your list. My
> version is based on todo.xml.
>
> If you set it up, where you see fit, I'll add to it. Or, advise me where
> to put mine.

Well i am no cvs guru either (who is?). Anyway, i just made
an executive decision. I kept the existing xdocs/plan/ directory
and added a todo-doc.xml there. We can easily move this if
needed when we decide to set up a separate space for the
docs-in-draft-state. There is still open discussion on the topic
of where to put them, perhaps even the existing structure can
accommodate them.

There is now an initial Documentation ToDo awaiting you to
merge yours. I also restored the "Planning notes" link from the
Home page under the Status section. We had removed it
because the planning notes were not being well-maintained.
Now there is a different story.

You see that there already was a basic page for
Documentation planning at plan/doc.xml ... Please do with it
what you will.

--David