cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Docs: next steps scratchpad and new mailing list
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 10:12:47 GMT
To keep the documentation drive moving, there are a couple
of obvious next steps.

A) Establish a new area under scratchpad for the Draft
documentation, probably at src/scratchpad/documentation/
I will start to investigate that, though i will certainly need help
with Cocoon's Ant build.xml files ... wow, they are complex.

B) Set up the new mail list cocoon-docs (or is it cocoon-doc).
I do not know how to go about that. However, i can see a
couple of issues already ...

- The list needs a moderator. I recently read from "apmail"
that all apache lists need moderation for first-time postings,
so as to eliminate spam opportunities. Or the list be set up
to automatically reject postings from those not subscribed.
Or a combination of both. We need to minimise the work here.

- We should keep the list a little covert until we have set up
some procedures and guidelines, and we have the scratchpad
ready. Then we can use the announcement opportunity later
for more benefit.

--David