cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: processing serializer output on server
Date Sat, 04 May 2002 08:35:01 GMT
From: "Horst Rutter" <horu@objectleague.com>

> Hi all,
> Is it possible to do some postprocessing using the output of a serializer
> before the pipeline is finished for consumation by the client?
>
> I have looked around but did not find any proper sitemap construct.
> I also did not find anything allowing what I would call "pipeline
chaining".

> For example:
> I would like to send off an email from the server containing a pdf file
produced by the FOPserializer.
> I have a pipeline that generates the pdf.
> I also have another pipeline that is capable of sending an email.
> What's the missing link here?

You can use the output of a pipeline as the input to another pipeline.

Simple call the last one and have the Generator of that one call the output
of the first one.

You can tag the first one as internal to make it unusable from the outside.

Now that I think of it, hey, we can make a ZipperReader that sends the
content zipped :-D

            - verba volant, scripta manent -