cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject Re: [vote] cocoon-docs
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 16:01:43 GMT
Hello,

<snip/>

> > Peter Royal wrote:
> > >
> > > Thats the best idea yet. I've been pondering that myself,
> > if only there was a
> > > Cocoon-powered wiki available :)
> > > -pete

I posted a suggestion a while ago
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=102009831909485&w=2
The example I gave (postgresql) is not a true wiki, but more kind of  adding
notes to the documentation.
But if the note is in the correct format someone responsible for the page
could easliy cut & paste (ie edit the actual page) from the notes. This way
the issues involved in having "world-write permissions" on the documents are
avoided and the person/persons in charge of the particular document would
comitt the notes into the docs and commit to cvs.

> > Would someone please point to a shining example of a "wiki".
> > I have never seen one. How will this help us?
> > --David
See above

> Someone registered such a project at sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/spinwiki/
> Unfortunately there are no files released yet and nothing in cvs.
> Perhaps the code exists somwhere on his harddisk ;-)

No "not-invented-here" agendas or anuthing, but anyways....
Why can´t we be a little bold and use our own slash-edit?
I tried it for about 20 mins the other week and it seems promising to me....

Regards,
Per-Olof Noren