cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: XSLTC and Cocoon
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 14:15:29 GMT
> From: Stephen Ng [mailto:stephen.ng@lumigent.com]
>
> Ivelin,
>
> Thank you for spearheading this!
>
> I am currently moving my code to Saxon to improve performance; it's
> quite a bit more painful than I thought--will post my observations
> shortly.

That's very interesting - my observations are quite opposite to yours
(e.g., no pain at all). I moved to Saxon for two reasons:

1. Performance
2. Bugs in Xalan. Xalan2.3.1 has several bugs which prevented my
stylesheets from working (but they were working in 2.2.0D14). Good news
that these bug were fixed in 2.4-dev. Bad news is that sitemap
compilation were failing with 2.4-dev because of another bug.

After switching to Saxon, everything started working with no issues at
all, and faster then before.

PS Cocoon 2.0.3

Vadim