cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@apache.org>
Subject [Improvement] XSLT error reporting
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 18:46:51 GMT

This question is targeted to the commiters who are actively maintaining

org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl
and
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer

I've noticed that neither uses the javax.xml.transform.ErrorListener class
to register as listener to the Transformer, so that XSLT processing errors
can
be reported with details ( ErrorListener.getMessageAndLocation() ) in the
browser window when the stylesheet being processed is bad.

I believe most of us will agree that accurate error reporting is important
for the most widely used transformer in Cocoon.

Before I start I would appreciate some direction.
I have not dealt with the TraxTransformer to date and therefore any guidance
as to where I should focus to introduce this improvement will be
appreciated.

Regards,

Ivelin