cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <>
Subject Re: [C2.1] Moving scratchpad goodies to main trunk
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 12:02:14 GMT
From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <>
> From: "Konstantin Piroumian" <>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Isn't it time to move things from scratchpad to the main trunk?
> > Here is the list of what I would personally like to see in the main
> >
> >     - Castor stuff
> Isn't is a bit duplicating XMLForm?

Just a bit. But as I know XMLForm is not intended to marshall/unmarshall
JavaBeans to/from XML, but to use whatever implementation is provided, isn't

Also CastorTransformer can be useful for any non form-based application that
uses JavaBeans, e.g. a front-end for an EJB application. You just get your
value objects (JavaBeans) from EJBs and using Castor transformer generate
XML from them.

Btw, I have an EJB logicsheet from the old C1 days. If anybody is interested
then I could port it to C2 and provide a sample of usage along with