cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <>
Subject Re: Something usefull to add to cocoon website (maybe many other project)
Date Thu, 16 May 2002 11:35:50 GMT
From: "Ross Gardler" <>

> > Take a look at the XMLForm sample developed by Ivelin. It's a feedback
> > wizard that gather all the related to Cocoon installation information.
> > unfortunately, there is no a possibility to store the data somewhere and
> > provide a public access to it.
> Well we could have it mail the form contents to this list (or bugzilla
> if it is allowing submissions by email). That would be a start wouldn;t

Yes, but how would you implement it?
If we use <form action="mailto:cocoon-dev@..." /> on the final form then
it's quite easy, but would require to have all the data to be submitted in a
hidden field on the last page.

A better solution could be a special pipeline that would transform the
instance data to a good looking format then send it using an action or the
sendmail logicsheet. But this will require to have a connection to an SMTP

Ivelin, what do you think?