cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject CocoonServlet Fixes - improved error reporting
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 19:04:44 GMT
Fixed error reporting in CocoonServlet: stream is now closed at the end of
the service method (why wasn't it closed before?), the content-type is sent
before sending the error and the notification messages are now more
descriptive.

Does someone know the reason that Cocoon returns a boolean?

Changed also the Notifier notify() methods to accept a mimetype instead of
returning it (killed a FIXME in the process :-)
There is no way in which this method could understand what mime/type to use
from the notification info and the stream. It was added also to the method
using a ContentHandler, since it could output svg for example.
The old methods were deprecated.

I would like to see these in 2.0.3 branch too, but since they touch such
important parts of Cocoon, I would like to see what you think of them.

Cheers!

            - verba volant, scripta manent -