cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: nice editor app
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 12:54:21 GMT
> From: Tom Klaasen [mailto:tom.klaasen@pandora.be]
>
> I'm using this one for about 9 months, and that says enough,
> doesn't it?
>
> You also have a lot of plugins, which beautify java code,
> auto-complete
> of variables, etc etc.
>
> The most important (imho) is the fact that you can do everything (at
> least, everything I do: java progging, xml editing, text
> editing, ...)
> with 1 editor, so remembering one set of keystrokes is enough
> (although
> they are a bit queer sometimes, but this is customizable).

I use it as well.  One of my favorite things about XML editing with
jEdit is the fact that I don't have to make mistakes when I am closing
an XML element.

If I type:

"<cool-feature>
   <inside-tag/>
 </"

jEdit will finish the closing tag for me:

   "cool-feature>"

It is invaluable when working with tables and such.  (this is a feature
that was lifted from ColdFusion Home Studio, but implemented better).