cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Adding "Expires" headers to pipelines
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 14:42:20 GMT
> From: Ivelin Ivanov [mailto:ivelin@apache.org]

<snip/>

> And to answer the issue of TreeProcessor vs Compiled, I guess I'd vote
for
> 1) (keep TP only) unless someone can demonstrate severe performance
> constraints.

It won't be possible to note any difference in these sitemap
implementations, till:

1. XSLTC is used, and
2. Better (faster) key generation algorithm is implemented.

These two points are major CPU eaters as of now, sitemap processing
takes really small piece from the pie.

Other option is to setup stand-alone test between sitemap
implementations, without Cocoon's cache, HTTP,
generators/transformers/serializers, etc.

Regards,
Vadim