cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2.1] Moving scratchpad goodies to main trunk
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 08:52:48 GMT
From: "Jeremy Quinn" <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>
> On Saturday, May 18, 2002, at 03:52 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all!
> >>
> >> Isn't it time to move things from scratchpad to the main trunk?
> >> Here is the list of what I would personally like to see in the
> >> main trunk:
> >>

> <snip/>
>
> >>     - Editor
> >

> If by this you mean <slash-edit/> I am +1 only if I am allowed
> to completely change it _all_ at any time I need to. I will
> eventually get back to work on the editor and I would like to
> integrate it better with the efforts of others, however I cannot
> predict what underlying changes I will have to make and I would
> not want it in the main dist if I am going to be restricted by
> issues of back-compatibility etc.
>
> I am interested in your feedback on this.

Yes, I meant <slash-edit/>.

Are there any back-compatibility issues in an Alpha version? I think no. The
only restriction should be, IMO, do not break the build by changes. I'd
prefer to have always a working build even if some of the components do not
work as expected or don't work at all.

Konstantin