cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <c.ziege...@online.de>
Subject Re: Patch for sunshine portal
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 16:53:04 GMT
Keil <keil@gmx.li> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>The org.apache.cocoon.sunshine.xml.XMLUtil class creates a
>NullPointerException with J2SDK1.4.
>
>I patched the class and it is now working with J2SDK1.4. I have replaced
>every Node.getLocalName with Node.getNodeName.

The NPE is caused by the DOM API shipped with the JDK 1.4. In order
to use Cocoon with JDK 1.4 you have to copy Xalan, Xerces and
the xml-apis jar files to the lib/endorsed directory of the JRE 1.4.
Then the correct DOM implementation is used and no NPE occurrs.

The use of getLocalName() is correct as the DOM nodes are DOM Level 2
nodes and therefore one should use getLocalName() instead of getNodeName().

PS: I'm reading the mails currently from the mail archive at home and fear
that
      I can't respond again before monday...

Carsten